Research Desk - About Us
- 25-11-2020 : 'TIME FOR RBI TO LEAN WITH THE WIND IN THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKET ? '
- 20-11-2020 : 'POSITIVE EVENTS IMPROVE INDIA'S Q2 GDP PROJECTIONS: LOSSES REDUCED BUT REASONS TO REMAIN CAUTIOUS REMAIN '
- 12-11-2020 : 'GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES A SLEW OF MEASURES IN ATMANIRBHAR 3.0'
- 11-11-2020 : 'HOW THE BANKING SECTOR COULD SIGNIFICANTLY SURPRISE IN FY21 ON ASSET QUALITY : A CASE OF SUB GAME PERFECT NASH EQUILIBRIUM !
- 09-11-2020 : 'INDIA TACKLED COVID MUCH BETTER WITH OUR MODEL CASES 2.65 LAKH LOWER THAN ACTUAL : HUMAN PSYCHE NOT CHANGED IN 355 YEARS !
- 09-11-2020 : FIVE MONTHS AFTER UNLOCK'
- 02-11-2020 : 'INDIA NEEDS TO FOCUS MORE ON INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY AND LESS ON IMPORT TARIFFS IN ITS QUEST FOR ATMANIRBHAR BHARAT'
- 27-10-2020 : 'SEPTEMBER WITNESSED A BIG JUMP IN LABOUR REMITTANCES , PICK UP IN FIRST PAYROLL: PMJDY ACCOUNTS ARE ALSO ACTING AS A DETERRENT TO CRIME'
- 22-10-2020 : 'INCREASING THE LEGAL AGE OF WOMEN MARRIAGE: A DOMINANT STRATEGY FOR SOCIETAL GOOD, FINANCIALLY EMPOWERING WOMEN'
- 19-10-2020 : 'PM JAN BHAGIDARI AND JAN CHETANA & EVEN INTEREST RATE SIGNALLING ARE PUBLIC GOODS: BEST WORKS WITH INCENTIVISATION OR DETERRENT'
- 13-10-2020 : 'CONDITIONAL FISCAL STIMULUS AT A MINIMAL 0.2% OF GDP'
- 12-10-2020 : 'AGRI-REFORMS POLITICS: CATERING TO ONLY CEREAL PRODUCING STATES & SHUNNING FRUITS AND VEGETABLES IS LAZY FARMING AND PAROCHIAL THINKING'
- 09-10-2020 : 'COMETH THE TIME, COMETH THE RBI'
- 08-10-2020 : 'FOUR MONTHS AFTER UNLOCK : SILVER LINING AMONG SLOWLY DISSIPATING DARK CLOUDS'
- 01-10-2020 : 'AUGUST CREDIT DATA PORTENDS TROBLE : LARGE DECLINE IN SAVINGS BAK DEPOSITS & LOWER PACE OF ACCRETION OF TIME DEPOSITS IN UNLOCK 4 REVEALS HPOUSEHOLD STRESS'
- 21-09-2020 : 'RBI SUCCESSFULLY NAVIGATING POLICY QUADRILEMMA BY BUILDING RESERVES, PRESERVING POLICY AUTONOMY : SBI FINANCIAL STABILITY INDEX SHOWS A CLAER JUMP SINCE MAY'20'
- 14-09-2020 :'ESTIMATED LOWER BOUND OF RBI POLICY RATE IS 3.5% BUT CREEPING UP STEADILY : FISCAL MEASURES MUST AS AT LOW POLICY RATES FISCAL MULTIPLIERS HAVE MAXIMUM IMPACT'
- 10-09-2020 : 'AUGUST INFLATION NUMBERS COULD BE UNPLEASANT : RATE CUT HOPES FADE'
- 07-09-2020 : 'COORDINATED MONETARY AND FISCAL INEQUILIBRIUM- THE MOST EFFECTIVE APPROACH TO THE CURRENT PANDEMIC'
- 04-09-2020 : 'RBI UNLEASHES POLICY FEDERALISM BY MATCHING SOCIAL INCLUSION WITH BANK LENDING'
- 03-09-2020 : 'THREE MONTHS AFTER UNLOCK'
- 01-09-2020:'Q1 GDP REVEALS DEEPER MALAISE : WE NOW ESTIMATE FY21 REAL GDP AT -10.9% ( -6.8% PREVIOUSLY)
- 28-08-2020 : 'FINDING WAYS TO SUPPORT STATES TIDE OVER RS 3 LAKH REVENUE SHORTFALL FROM GST'
- 27-08-2020 : 'MONETARY POLICY IS A SCIENCE, BUT THIS RBI IS MAKING IT AN ART'
- 25-08-2020 : 'HOUSEHOLD FINANCIAL LIABILITIES NOSEDIVED IN FY20: REFLECTING SIGNIFICANT SLOWDOWN IN DISPOSABLE INCOME, LIKELY TO GAIN FASTER PACE IN FY21 ?CRORES
- 24-08-2020 : 'SUPPORTING STATES THROUGH INNOVATIVE FINANCING METHODS : ESTIMATED UNCOVERED LOSS AT -RS 3.1 LAKH CRORES'
- 17-08-2020 : 'THE GOOD :QI GDP WILL BE SIGNIICANTLY BETTER, THE BAD: RAPID COVID SURGE IN RURAL HINTERLAND, THE UGLY: LIVES Vs LIVES DEBATE AT CENTRSTAGE WITH ALL QUARTERS IN FY21 TO WITNESS LARGE GDP DEGROWTH'
- 06-08-2020 : 'TAKING A BOTTOM UP APPROACH TO FINANCIAL STABILITY'
- 04-08-2020 : 'TWO MONTHS AFTER UNLOCK'
- 27-04-2020 : 'RBI PACKAGE TO INSTILL CONFIDENCE
- 17-04-2020:'RBI ANNOUNCES MORE MEASURES: RESEMBLANCE TO FED IN PROVIDING SECOND GENERATION SIGNALS'
- 16-04-2020 : 'FY21 GDP AT 1.1% : FY20 DOWNWARDLY REVISED TO 4.1%, BOP SURPLUS AT $67 BN (2.5%) OF GDP) IN FY21 WITH BRENT OIL MOVING DECISIVELY BELOW $20'
- 17-01-2020 : PICK AND CHOOSE FOR BUDGET 2021: AGRICULTURE, NBFC, MSME, SENIOR CITIZENS & SALARIED CLASS
- 14-01-2020 : CPI INFLATION TO BREACH 8% IN JANUARY DUE TO GOP EFFECT : NEED TO REVAMP CSO DATA METHODOLOGY
- 13-01-2020 : PAYROLL DATA REVEALS INDIA COULD CREATE AT LEAST 16 LAKH LESS PAYROLLS IN FY20: LABOUR REMITTANCES ARE DECLINING
- 07-01-2020 : SBI FY20 GDP ESTIMATE IS NOW AT 4.6%: FALTERING CONSUMPTION GROWTH TO DELAY RECOVERY TO H2FY21
- 06-01-2020 : MAHARASHTRA LOAN WAIVER COULD COST AT LEAST RS 45,000-51,000 CRORES: IMPERATIVE TO ADDRESS PENDING ISSUES'
- 31-12-2019 : 'ARE CONSUMERS DELEVERAGING IN SHORT TERM?'
- 12-12-2019 :THE PROBLEMS WITH THE CSO CPI MEASUREMENT: RBI CAUGHT IN A BIND AND SO ARE THE MARKETS
- 05-12-2019 : ‘RBI GOOGLY FOR MARKETS: PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT CAREFULLY!
- 02-12-2019 : INDIAN STATES ARE THE FLAGBEARERS OF $5 TRILLION ECONOMY: MUST MAINTAIN POLICY CONTINUITY
- 29-11-2019 :GDP AND GVA WILL DIVERGE MORE: GVA GROWTH AT 4.3% COULD BE A BETTER PROXY GOING FORWARD'
- 26-11-2019 :SBI YEARLY INDEX JUST CROSSED THE BENCHMARK IN NOVEMBER
- 25-11-2019:Towards a successful insolvency and Bankruptcy code
- 18-11-2019 :Bank result dates, bank deposits as leading indicators of asset quality & current equity market moves
- 13-11-2019 :CPI inflation to remain elevated as supply disruption weighs: data supports no cuts beyond December
- 12-11-2019 :Q2 GDP AT 4.2%, FY20 AT 5.0%: We should ride the long winter!
- 05-11-2019 : Improving function of co-operative banks in india through regulations and risk based pricing
- 31-10-2019 : Credit growth picks up pace; evidence of assymetric risk aversion, expect modest Q3 growth revival, Q2GDP will remain weak
- 24-10-2019 : Building capabilities must for a fruitful rcep deal for India
- 16-10-2019 : The smokescreen of declining credit flow to commercial sector.
- 14-10-2019 : Growth remains moribund though bank credit shows welcome jump in Sep
- 07-10-2019 : Time for a hike in deposit insurance and a resolution platform for NBFCS?
- 04-10-2019 : Further rate cuts likely even though efficacy of such is questionable
- 03-10-2019 : CASA deposits of Indian banks higher in low income states: term deposits in high income and demographically older states!
- 30-09-2019 : Credit to NBFC has risen at the fastest pace, loans shifted to other personal loans
- 24-09-2019 : Rs 14 Lakh crore bank deposits of senior citizens and external benchmarking
- 16-09-2019 :Rate cuts alone will not work
- 13-09-2019 :Effective food grain procurement holds the key: food prices could soften
- 09-09-2019 :Rating divergence across rating agencies could soon be a thing of past
- 30-08-2019 :Q1FY20 GDP At 25 Quarters low;consumption growth significantly slower than anticipated, FY20 growth at 6.1%
- 29-08-2019 :Jump in rbi surplus primarily driven by a record OMO~rs 3.3 trillion and write back of income from CF
- 28-08-2019 : RBI independence often misunderstood by intelligentsia: fiscal deficit set to be at 3.3% in FY20
- 27-08-2019 : Are we exaggerating the current slowdown?
- 20-08-2019 : External benchmarking of lending rates: time for benchmarking bulk deposit rates?
- 13-08-2019 : CPI numbers in line with market expectations: october rate cut a possibility
- 05-08-2019 : FED mid cycle rate adjustment now a full cycle adjustment globally: rbi could ease by 50-75 bps in current cycle, including 07 Aug’19, but RBI caught in a bind with rupee fall
- 30-07-2019 : SBI yearly index is in contraction mode in July 2019
- 29-07-2019 : Indian exports increasing more to China (low base) than to USA (high base) amidst us-china trade war
- 23-07-2019 : Understanding the auto slowdown
- 22-07-2019 : Payment banks: a case of near yet too far!
- 12-07-2019 : Sovereign bond: towards a yield benchmark!
- 02-07-2019 : Budget for ANM (agriculture, NBFC & MSME) & “Measured” fiscal consolidation
- 28-06-2019 : SBI yearly index is in contraction mode in June 2019
- 24-06-2019 : Change at RBI - institutions and individuals
- 21-06-2019 : The 5 point agenda for agricultural sector
- 20-06-2019 : The path to labour reforms
- 14-06-2019 : Unemployment rate estimated from PLFS survey for 30+ much lower than 15-29 age group
- 12-06-2019 : Need for some serious repair
- 11 -06-2019 : New prudential framework for resolution of stressed assets to allow breathing space for lenders
- 06-06-2019 : RBI opens up space for rate cuts
- 04-06-2019 : Why growth numbers may dictate larger rate cut
- 03-06-2019 : FISCAL priorities for the new government
- 31-05-2019 : GDP growth slows significantly
- 27-05-2019 : Perceptible growth slowdown: decisive window for monetary easing in excess of 25 BPS
- 22-05-2019 : Trade wars: a challenge for the new government?
- 14-05-2019 : Are we in a state of quasi growth slowdown?
- 02-05-2019 : 1% more voting from current trend India could witness the highest voting turnout post 1947
- 30-04-2019 : SBI yearly composite index is at 47-month high
- 26-04-2019 : For every $1 bn RBI swap, system benefits by rs 256 crore every year : but liquidity to remain under stress in May
- 16-04-2019 : Does moving away from 25 BPS changes signify rbi intent to use communication as a policy in itself?
- 08-04-2019 : Curtain raiser to 2019 elections: the many untold facets!
- 04-04-2019 : Uncertain times reveal divergent votings: 25 BPS June rate cut likely
- 29.03.2019 : SBI yearly index in March is at 52.7, close to the FY19 average of 52.1
- 28-03-2019 : Global and domestic growth prospects look increasingly worrisome: is 50 bps cut the new benchmark?
- 26-03-2019 : Limited gains in labour productivity emphasize India is currently going through a wage problem, but not jobs!
- 22-03-2019 : States budgets reveal overall deficit set to decline in FY20: states reveal a problem of missing muddle
- 18-03-2019 :Kerala state budget: resurrecting god’s own country
- 15-03-2019 : Liquidity management framework of RBI : the unfinished agenda
- 13-03-2019 : Cometh the hour, cometh the leader!
- 12-03-2019 : CPI shows a marginal uptick while IIP disappoints
- 08-03-2019 : Human development index across Indian states: is the glass still half empty?
- 28-02-2019: Q3 GDP data: a whole slew of revisions
- 26-02-2019: Markets likely to gain post non military strikes
- 25-02-2019: GDP in Q3 might be at 6.7%, FY19 estimates at 7.2% could be a deflator adjustment : gst collection set to slip to ~Rs 95,500 crores in Feb’19
- 20-02-2019: Thank god its wpi !
- 15-02-2019: Uttar Pradesh budget: creating a foursome of rural livelihood & cows, women welfare, religious tourism & infrastructure
- 14-02-2019: Expansion in currency in circulation (CIC) is not a sin qua non for pick up in economic activity (aka informal sector
- 12-02-2019: Inflation downturn surprises the market: april rate cut might be of larger magnitude
- 07-02-2019: More rate cuts in offing
- 04-02-2019: A rate pause most likely from RBI but don’t rule out a surprise on Feb 7
- 01-01-2019:Credit growth surprise in November
- 07-01-2019:CSO Estimates reveal H2GDP growth at sub 7% : agri prices at decadal low
- 08-01-2019:Is India heading to an unbalanced elderly population growth?
- 14-01-2019:CSO Provides data puzzle: inflation and growth are in complete variance
- 21-01-2019:Recent trends in rural core - a once in 27.7 years event
- 24-01-2019: Jump in rural core still a mystery
- 29-01-2019: Growth outlook Sombre: income support and bank recapitalisation immediate priorities
- 30-01-2019: The optics of budget numbers: as small saving collection surges, bank deposit growth slows
- 31-01-2019: India grew at 8.2% in FY17:FY19 growth rate now at 5.9% (earlier 6.7%): deflator changes explain much of the change: credit to MSES sees jump