Research Desk - About Us
- 18-11-2019 :Bank result dates, bank deposits as leading indicators of asset quality & current equity market moves
- 13-11-2019 :CPI inflation to remain elevated as supply disruption weighs: data supports no cuts beyond December
- 12-11-2019 :Q2 GDP AT 4.2%, FY20 AT 5.0%: We should ride the long winter!
- 05-11-2019 : Improving function of co-operative banks in india through regulations and risk based pricing
- 31-10-2019 : Credit growth picks up pace; evidence of assymetric risk aversion, expect modest Q3 growth revival, Q2GDP will remain weak
- 24-10-2019 : Building capabilities must for a fruitful rcep deal for India
- 16-10-2019 : The smokescreen of declining credit flow to commercial sector.
- 14-10-2019 : Growth remains moribund though bank credit shows welcome jump in Sep
- 07-10-2019 : Time for a hike in deposit insurance and a resolution platform for NBFCS?
- 04-10-2019 : Further rate cuts likely even though efficacy of such is questionable
- 03-10-2019 : CASA deposits of Indian banks higher in low income states: term deposits in high income and demographically older states!
- 30-09-2019 : Credit to NBFC has risen at the fastest pace, loans shifted to other personal loans
- 24-09-2019 : Rs 14 Lakh crore bank deposits of senior citizens and external benchmarking
- 16-09-2019 :Rate cuts alone will not work
- 13-09-2019 :Effective food grain procurement holds the key: food prices could soften
- 09-09-2019 :Rating divergence across rating agencies could soon be a thing of past
- 30-08-2019 :Q1FY20 GDP At 25 Quarters low;consumption growth significantly slower than anticipated, FY20 growth at 6.1%
- 29-08-2019 :Jump in rbi surplus primarily driven by a record OMO~rs 3.3 trillion and write back of income from CF
- 28-08-2019 : RBI independence often misunderstood by intelligentsia: fiscal deficit set to be at 3.3% in FY20
- 27-08-2019 : Are we exaggerating the current slowdown?
- 20-08-2019 : External benchmarking of lending rates: time for benchmarking bulk deposit rates?
- 13-08-2019 : CPI numbers in line with market expectations: october rate cut a possibility
- 05-08-2019 : FED mid cycle rate adjustment now a full cycle adjustment globally: rbi could ease by 50-75 bps in current cycle, including 07 Aug’19, but RBI caught in a bind with rupee fall
- 30-07-2019 : SBI yearly index is in contraction mode in July 2019
- 29-07-2019 : Indian exports increasing more to China (low base) than to USA (high base) amidst us-china trade war
- 23-07-2019 : Understanding the auto slowdown
- 22-07-2019 : Payment banks: a case of near yet too far!
- 12-07-2019 : Sovereign bond: towards a yield benchmark!
- 02-07-2019 : Budget for ANM (agriculture, NBFC & MSME) & “Measured” fiscal consolidation
- 28-06-2019 : SBI yearly index is in contraction mode in June 2019
- 24-06-2019 : Change at RBI - institutions and individuals
- 21-06-2019 : The 5 point agenda for agricultural sector
- 20-06-2019 : The path to labour reforms
- 14-06-2019 : Unemployment rate estimated from PLFS survey for 30+ much lower than 15-29 age group
- 12-06-2019 : Need for some serious repair
- 11 -06-2019 : New prudential framework for resolution of stressed assets to allow breathing space for lenders
- 06-06-2019 : RBI opens up space for rate cuts
- 04-06-2019 : Why growth numbers may dictate larger rate cut
- 03-06-2019 : FISCAL priorities for the new government
- 31-05-2019 : GDP growth slows significantly
- 27-05-2019 : Perceptible growth slowdown: decisive window for monetary easing in excess of 25 BPS
- 22-05-2019 : Trade wars: a challenge for the new government?
- 14-05-2019 : Are we in a state of quasi growth slowdown?
- 02-05-2019 : 1% more voting from current trend India could witness the highest voting turnout post 1947
- 30-04-2019 : SBI yearly composite index is at 47-month high
- 26-04-2019 : For every $1 bn RBI swap, system benefits by rs 256 crore every year : but liquidity to remain under stress in May
- 16-04-2019 : Does moving away from 25 BPS changes signify rbi intent to use communication as a policy in itself?
- 08-04-2019 : Curtain raiser to 2019 elections: the many untold facets!
- 04-04-2019 : Uncertain times reveal divergent votings: 25 BPS June rate cut likely
- 29.03.2019 : SBI yearly index in March is at 52.7, close to the FY19 average of 52.1
- 28-03-2019 : Global and domestic growth prospects look increasingly worrisome: is 50 bps cut the new benchmark?
- 26-03-2019 : Limited gains in labour productivity emphasize India is currently going through a wage problem, but not jobs!
- 22-03-2019 : States budgets reveal overall deficit set to decline in FY20: states reveal a problem of missing muddle
- 18-03-2019 :Kerala state budget: resurrecting god’s own country
- 15-03-2019 : Liquidity management framework of RBI : the unfinished agenda
- 13-03-2019 : Cometh the hour, cometh the leader!
- 12-03-2019 : CPI shows a marginal uptick while IIP disappoints
- 08-03-2019 : Human development index across Indian states: is the glass still half empty?
- 28-02-2019: Q3 GDP data: a whole slew of revisions
- 26-02-2019: Markets likely to gain post non military strikes
- 25-02-2019: GDP in Q3 might be at 6.7%, FY19 estimates at 7.2% could be a deflator adjustment : gst collection set to slip to ~Rs 95,500 crores in Feb’19
- 20-02-2019: Thank god its wpi !
- 15-02-2019: Uttar Pradesh budget: creating a foursome of rural livelihood & cows, women welfare, religious tourism & infrastructure
- 14-02-2019: Expansion in currency in circulation (CIC) is not a sin qua non for pick up in economic activity (aka informal sector
- 12-02-2019: Inflation downturn surprises the market: april rate cut might be of larger magnitude
- 07-02-2019: More rate cuts in offing
- 04-02-2019: A rate pause most likely from RBI but don’t rule out a surprise on Feb 7
- 01-01-2019:Credit growth surprise in November
- 07-01-2019:CSO Estimates reveal H2GDP growth at sub 7% : agri prices at decadal low
- 08-01-2019:Is India heading to an unbalanced elderly population growth?
- 14-01-2019:CSO Provides data puzzle: inflation and growth are in complete variance
- 21-01-2019:Recent trends in rural core - a once in 27.7 years event
- 24-01-2019: Jump in rural core still a mystery
- 29-01-2019: Growth outlook Sombre: income support and bank recapitalisation immediate priorities
- 30-01-2019: The optics of budget numbers: as small saving collection surges, bank deposit growth slows
- 31-01-2019: India grew at 8.2% in FY17:FY19 growth rate now at 5.9% (earlier 6.7%): deflator changes explain much of the change: credit to MSES sees jump